Custom Pages

.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Bet

Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Basically, my friends and I work all day long during different hours, so at about 8:00 or so, we all meet up and hang out all night.... Literally. Haha we don't get much sleep. The other night, Kathy and McKay played pool against Matt and I. After round 1, we decided to play again, only this time, we wanted a punishment for the losers. Matt and I were all in because we were planning on winning easily! We all agreed upon the losers having to sleep outside without a sleeping bag. Matt and I laughed....but we laughed too soon. After the game going on for about two hours, Matthew and I lost. WE LOST. I couldn't believe it. Buuuuuuut, I'm a person of her word, so I decided to go through with it, and I have the best friend EVER. Even though Kathy won, she still slept outside with me! We stayed up late Monday night and watched a movie until 1:00, then took our bedding to what we call 'The Castle'. Yep. WE SLEPT OUTSIDE! Not only did we sleep outside, but we LOVED it! 





Then, Kathy woke up early to go to work, and I stayed behind to sleep. Hahaha well, try to sleep. This one giant bug wouldn't stop buzzing all over, and I felt it land on my head a couple times. Okay, that's a big bug if I can feel it land on my head through my giant Dakota Dan hat! I put my hand up to swat it, and IT STUNG ME! Are you serious? My finger instantly swelled and went red. See! This was literally 20 seconds after it stung me. 


It started hurting, and I don't react well to bee stings, so I decided to head to the kitchen to get some Baking Soda and water to put on it, and by the time it took me to walk to the kitchen (which is about 5 minutes), my finger had swelled to the size of a quarter and I couldn't bend it at all. It was rock solid, too! So, Chef Brian gave me bandaids, made me the baking soda stuff, and a cover so that when I cooked, the mixture wouldn't contaminate the food. My finger felt like it was on fire! 



( and no, I'm not flipping anyone off. Haha I have my other fingers up, too!) All day yesterday, my finger was hurting really bad, but the swelling eventually went down. Now, it's all back to normal! I will one day find out what kind of bug that was that stung me! It's driving me crazy not knowing! Maybe next time we sleep outside, we will figure it out! Kathy and I decided to make sleeping outside a tradition! Once a week, BABY! 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio