Custom Pages

.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Mega Water Slide

Friday, June 28, 2013
My family is headed off to Glenns Ferry in a few days for our Williams Family Reunion, and I am super bummed I can't go with them. I always look forward to that reunion, and some of my favorite memories originate there. When I originally contemplated applying for the job at Aspen Grove, there were two major things that I was wondering if it was worth missing in order to work here... one being the Williams Family Reunion. Last time we had the reunion, it was loads of fun, but I had just had my surgery and couldn't do much. I missed out on the giant water slide, too. Well, this year, I am missing out on the water slide again.... only not the ASPEN GROVE WATER SLIDE!

So, yesterday, Kathy and I had just finished holding the babies in the Rompers Room when I saw this giant water slide going on in the ball field. I was super tempted to jump on it, but I was in my clothes, and I didn't want to get soaked, nor did I want to walk all the way back to my cabin to change. We were on the swings for a minute while I watched all the fun the children were having before I said, "Ahhh, what the heck?!? Kathy. I am going." So, I did it.

Funny thing is, to the kids, I was first 'the Lady'. They would say, "Hey Eric, look! The Lady is going!" Then, the kids were threatening to spray me, so I said, "Hey, don't spray me, and if you do, just remember that I cook your food." Then, I turned into 'The Lunch Lady"

So, here it is. The Lunch Lady and Kathy doing the Water Slide













1 comment :

  1. Looks like you are having a ball, Alice! This is so fun!

    Glad your leg is healthy enough to slide at Aspen Grove's Water Slide.

    Love you! Miss you!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio