Custom Pages

.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A New Home

Saturday, June 8, 2013
Here it is. This is my new home. I had no idea I would fall in love with a place this fast. I arrived on Monday about 4:00 and to say the place was deserted is almost an understatement. It was everyone's day off, so I was in camp all by myself until about 12:30 when my roommates showed up. I toured the place to try and find where everything was, and I loved every minute of it. The scenery was so beautiful, and everything was so calm. A literal breath of fresh air. Then, I woke up the next morning at 8:00 to start my new job. The first two people I met were my now, two new best friends---Karen and Kathy. They are identical twins, and I love them so much! (We have been separated for almost 24 hours right now, and it's killing me! Haha) I went about my day and quickly learned I have the best job at the whole camp! I cook! Half of the day, I'm cooking! And the best part? I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO THE DISHES! I work with Karen in the kitchen, and I'm beyond grateful that she is there with me! We have so much fun in the kitchen! We sing and dance and laugh THE WHOLE TIME! The atmosphere here is so different than back in Blackfoot. Everyone here loves each other. They reach out! They include you! And the spirit is so strong! I never get bored. There is always something to do here! I have the best friends in the entire world, and we are already dreading having to leave at the end of the summer.... And it's not even been a week! Haha! We are together almost 24/7! Anyways, I love it. Beyond words can explain. It's probably the best decision I've ever made. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio