Custom Pages

.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Don't Do This At Home Kids.

Saturday, June 22, 2013
So, anyone that knows me knows how accident prone I am. Isn't it quite a shock that it took a whole two and a half weeks before I had my first injury? Well, I did.

Because of my Raynaud's Phenomenon, I don't have great feeling in my fingers. If I can't see them, I can't always feel anything. I was cutting some cilantro on Thursday when I twisted it around my finger, and I couldn't see my finger any longer. NOT VERY SMART TO KEEP CUTTING. 

 Anyways, I was cutting super fast when I hit something that didn't feel the same as the cilantro. I looked down to see the knife in my finger, and I thought, "Oh crap." For a moment, there wasn't blood. Then there was. 

I have a tendency to faint when I cut my fingers. I'm not sure why, but for me, my finger injuries are the worst. I knew that I had about ten seconds to sit down, or I was going to faint. 

I ran to the bathroom, and but the time I got there a few seconds later, both of my hands were full of blood. I was holding together extremely well, and the blood wouldn't stop. After two minutes, the bathroom was covered in blood, my finger wasn't clotting, and the room started spinning. I sat down real quick and things were going in and out, and I thought I was gonna be unconscious. It took about ten minutes to pull myself together and finally cut off the circulation from my finger so the bleeding would stop. It finally did, and I'm pretty sure I needed stitches. As I ran my finger under the water, it was catching my skin that was hanging off and it was making me sick. Hahaha.... But, I'm ok now. I refused to be taken to the doctor, but I'm taking good care of it. 

Here's what it looked like about five hours after it happened. You can't see it very well because I was able to take the skin and swing the skin back into place. 



And my lovely bandaid. 


The lovely coverage I had that cut off the circulation hahaha... 



Here is it yesterday right after we finished swimming at the rec center. 


And here it is today: 


Seeeeee... IM OKAY! :)






No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio