Custom Pages

.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Baby Callen

Sunday, September 20, 2015
This baby means so much to me, and I am not even related to him! His parents are very dear to me, and I still remember when I met them!

Back when I was 15, my next door neighbors were having a family reunion over the 4th of July, like my family was! We ended up getting into a huge water balloon fight. Our families were running through each other's backyards throwing water balloons at each other!

The next day, I was over playing a game with Arianne and Brandon, when Arianne asked if I was the girl in the red shorts from the day before. I told her I was, and she told me, "Oh! Everyone was wondering who that beautiful girl in the red shorts was!" That was such a huge compliment from them, especially at that time in my life. 

I got to know them a little bit more each time they came to town for a reunion, but it wasn't until they moved into my ward that I got really close with them. Arianne was put in as my Young Women's leader, and it was quite possibly one of the best things that happened to me. Arianne was such a strength to me when I needed it most. She really became one of my best friends, and still is, today! I am forever grateful for the friendship that Arianne and I have. 

Right after I moved to college, Arianne told me that she was expecting a baby, and to say that I was excited for her would be an understatement. I don't think I have ever been that excited for someone! It was the cutest! A few weeks before her due date, I woke up to a call from my mom saying that Arianne's baby had passed away. My heart completely shattered. Like, I have only felt that pain a few times in my life. I completely lost it, and I wished so badly I could take the pain away from them. I just knew there was nothing I could say or do that would help them. 

A little more than a year after baby Bowen passed away, I received the announcement that baby number 2 was coming. I think my sister and I texted each other at the same moment, just so overjoyed for Arianne! 

They got to have their little dude last week, and I got to meet him on Friday! He is the cutest, and I don't know if I have ever met more deserving parents. Little Callen will be the most loved baby in the world, and Arianne is just the sweetest mom ever. I loved watching her interact with him. She is just so full of love for him. I COULD NOT be happier for them!!

Callen is perfect. His little features, HIS PEACH FUZZ!!! Everything. Even his cries were so cute that I wanted to keep those photos, too. I am so in love with him.
































1 comment :

  1. What beautiful pictures of a beautiful baby and mom! Congratulations Arianne and family. What a lucky little baby to be born to such sweet and loving people. Really, these may be my favorite newborn pictures I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio