Custom Pages

.

Monday, September 7, 2015

My Week with Brooke

Monday, September 7, 2015
About a month ago, my parents and two of my younger siblings went on a pioneer trek. 

That means that Brooke didn't get to go, and I got to play Mom for a week. 

I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into because sometimes Brooke can be questionable. Hahahahahaha.....

But she was absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't get enough of her. 

She is so darn funny....I honestly don't know how she does it.

She is also one of the most genuinely considerate people that I know. I was completely taken aback a couple times as she said a couple things. She would always ask me where Gabby was because she never wanted Gabby to feel left out. Not even kidding, she took my phone and called Gabby, Montana, and Aricka to make plans with them and make sure that they weren't left out.

Each time I took her places and introduced her to people, she would ask, "Alice did I embarrass you?" It was the cutest. She truly tried to be on her best behavior while she was with me because she didn't want to embarrass me.

Anyways, I went home for the weekend to pick her up and go to my cousin's homecoming. As we were trying to leave Blackfoot, Brooke and Hannah disappeared. I looked out to see them both sitting in my car, hugging. I went out, and they were both crying uncontrollably. I asked what was wrong, and through sobbing tears they both explained how they were going to miss each other so much. It hit me in that moment that they have never been apart from each other. 

They both continued to bawl as I was leaving, and Brooke cried for a little bit longer, then she was okay. She texted Hannah from my phone the rest of the day, and she sent photos back and forth with Han, too. It was so funny. Hahahaha her photos were too good not to share!!!

Brooke also kept a journal the entire week of the exciting things that happened so that she wouldn't forget what to tell Hannah. Hahahaha


We also stopped at my aunt's for dinner that night, and Brooke snagged a photo of Uncle David.


On Monday, Brooke got to come to work with me. She was SO excited for the foam pit in the gymnastics room (and to meet the athletes!) 

People kept asking Brooke what she wanted to do with me that week, and she would always respond with, "I just want to meet the athletes."

There was one athlete in particular that she wanted to meet, too! and Monday morning, we walked into Jamba Juice, only to find Corbin Kaufusi (the one she wanted to meet) grabbing some breakfast. SHE DIED. She clung to my leg and wouldn't let go!! He tried talking to her, and she just couldn't get words out of her mouth. She was so nervous!!!! Hahahaha :)

Afterwards, she told me that she thought she was going to faint. 

Okay, is she 8 or is she 18? Hahaha

Cosmo picked her up and it scared her so bad!!!
We went to drop off some engagement photos that I took to a couple, and she fell asleep in the car. I couldn't resist taking a photo of her because she is so cute. 
Tuesday, she helped me blow up Zorb Balls for soccer camp. SHE WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS!! She asked if she could take photos on my phone. Hahahaha

We also went on a date!! For the first time in A LONG TIME hahaha I got asked on a date, and he asked if Brooke could also come on the date. After my intramural game (which Brooke took photos of, surprise surprise!) we went and did sidewalk chalk!















Also, we made pizza. That was one of her requests! It turned out way good!!!




We also got to go watch Cinderella in the theaters! She loves that movie!

Friday morning, she got to come with me to my other job! BYU MARKETING!

This was basically another dream for her. It was Pioneer day, so we were in a parade with the athletes.  I was in charge of driving some of the football players, and she got to squeeze in the back with them!

She was also so patient! We had to wait for a while for the parade to actually start, and she was super hot, but she didn't complain. Once the parade started, she was in the semi helping throw things out to the fans. 





























We went home and took a little nap after the parade. I woke up to a text from one of my friends asking if I wanted to go to a cabin with each other! I explained that my sister was with me, and asked if my roommate could come, so we did! We headed to the cabin with the boys! We made the cutest little s'mores! Then stayed up WAYYYYY too late watching a movie that scared Brooke. (Sorry Brooke!)














After we got home from the cabin, Brooke wanted to swim. That is all she wanted to do every day--all day. I think we could have done this each day, all day, and she wouldn't have gotten sick of it.























































Afterwards, we went into the mountains and took some photos together! I let her control the remote! Hahaha

































On Sunday, Brooke came to church with me, and as we sat on the steps, she asked if she could show me her favorite scriptures. OK, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?




We bought some cavasses earlier in the week, and we each painted them how we wanted. When we got home from church, she asked if she could go outside and paint another canvas. I told her that she could, and she was outside for a while. I kept checking on her, but she wouldn't look at me, and she seemed to be avoiding me. I asked if she was okay, and she just said that she was.

Finally, she came back inside and handed me the canvas that said, "I love you and miss you". With tears in her eyes, she told me that she wouldn't talk to me because she had been crying. She didn't want to leave me because she would miss me so much. 

We still had one last thing to do before she left, though. She had been requesting to do a facial since she got there, and we finally had time to do it!












































































Right as we were washing it off, I got the call that my aunt was here and ready for Brooke. Brooke started to completely bawl. I couldn't help but cry, too. I didn't want her to leave.

We both cried the entire drive to drop her off, and even when we got there, she bawled the whole time. 

She's literally the cutest.

I absolutely LOVED my week with Brooke! I love how close we are, even though we are 12 years apart. I love that my entire family is so close to have these kinds of relationships!

I just love them all so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio