Custom Pages

.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gethsemane

Sunday, September 29, 2013
Friday afternoon, I was informed that my little Aspen Grove buddy Bree was getting baptized! How could I possibly miss this opportunity?!? I drove up to North Salt Lake after going to the temple Saturday morning, and I surprised Bree. The look on her face was priceless, and it made me tear up. I seriously love that girl so much. 

I was so proud of Bree. I feel like most children get baptized because they understand you get baptized at 8, but Bree knows why. She has a testimony of this gospel. What an example to me!


Anyways, during the baptism, Bree and her cute little friend sang a song that I had never heard before, but it touched my heart more than Bree will ever understand. 


This is the song she sang, and I wish I could have had a recording of them singing it because it was so beautiful. Anyways, here it is!




(In case this video doesn't work, follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTCCP5a510 )

Isn't that song absolutely beautiful? It truly has made me ponder at how blessed we are to have the power of the Atonement in our lives. It is truly humbling. 


We are so lucky to have Christ, who so willingly suffered "pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and sicknesses of his people" - Alma 7:11


Christ didn't just suffer for our sins to make up the parts where we fall short, but He suffered every pain and affliction we have gone through and ever will go through.


HE HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE.


He knows exactly what I am going through, and He knows exactly what I need to get through it. I have felt His arms around me so many times in my life when no one else seemed to understand what I was going through. 


Even today, I go through things that no one else can even begin to comprehend. I am really good at putting a smile on my face and acting like nothing is wrong, but with God, I can be completely honest, and He helps me so much. It literally brings me to tears just thinking about it. I love that my relationship with Him only continues to strengthen, and I hope and pray that each and every one can have a close relationship with Him, too.


The first time I saw this video, I was visiting a ward here in Provo, and I started bawling. I am pretty sure that I scared the poor teacher and other students in the class, but the Spirit was so strong.




(In case that video doesn't show up, follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdN8rfwW3SI )

I want everyone to know that I know this gospel is true. I know it without a doubt. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio