Custom Pages

.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Men of Provo

Sunday, September 15, 2013
Back home in Idaho, I was getting extremely discouraged because of the way I (and my friends) were treated by the boys. I hated the crude comments that were made to us, and the constant tearing down simply because it made the guys feel better superior to us. 

I was sick of getting asked on dates, and my date never showing up.

I was sick of the lack of standards that SHOULD have been present, but weren't.

NO JOKE.

I was with some boys when the conversation of Prom came up and who it was that they would ask. The one criteria that the boys used to choose their date was which girl they would get the most from. 

Generally speaking, girls were treated like and viewed as items instead of human beings.

Granted, not every boy was like that, but every boy that wasn't like that was my relative. Go figure. Haha

But then, I came to Provo.

I was asked on dates, and the boys actually showed up. 

THEY SHOWED UP.

Not only did they show up, but they held my doors for me. I have even had a guy that I wasn't on a date with who grabbed me and pulled me away from the door so that he could open it for me.

The manners of some men here are completely awesome.

Last Tuesday, I was sitting at our kitchen table doing my homework when there was a knock at our door. I answered it, and a boy from our ward came and and just started talking with me. He was such a sweetheart, and then after a few minutes, he asked if he could help me do the dishes. So, we did the dishes together! No boy back home would do that. 

Then, in the middle of doing dishes, two more boys showed up and said, "So, it's sister appreciation week, and we are suppose to do something nice for you. Can we take out your garbage?"

Then, it all made sense. Hahahahaha....

We even received flowers and cookies from these boys! Isn't that so sweet?


Honestly though, I am so thankful for the boys I have met here, and how they have treated me. 

There is one boy that has had the biggest impact in my life since I left home, and I don't know if he will ever read this, but if you do, THANK YOU. You will never understand how thankful I am for you and the time you spent with me. I loved every second of it, and I always will treasure it. There is so much that I could say and want to say, but I don't know how to say it. I hope you truly understand how much I mean it when I say thank you, or I should say Gracias. :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio