Custom Pages

.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Sisters Forever

Friday, November 27, 2015
When I was 5 or 6, I remember walking into church with my family when my sister, Sarah, said, "Look Mom, that girl has a barbie, too!" I looked over and Sarah was pointing to a little blonde girl that had a barbie in her hand. She was the oldest of a young family that moved into our ward. 

As the weeks went on, I learned this blonde girl's name was Lindsey, and our families became best friends. SO MANY MEMORIES with their entire family. By the time I was 8, Lindsey and Kelsey were my best friends. I got to babysit them every Friday until Lindsey was old enough to babysit. Even then, Sarah and I would spend most of the day Friday over there. 

When I was in 8th grade, my family moved next door to Higginson's. I mean, life couldn't get any better, right? Me, Lindsey, Sarah, and Kelsey were inseparable. Not even kidding, we were ALWAYS together. From sleeping on the tramp, to photoshoots, to BYU games, EVERYTHING. Not even kidding, Kelsey was the first model that I ever had. Without them, my photography wouldn't be anything that it is now.

Those girls mean so much to me and will always hold a special spot in my heart---even if every time we slept on the tramp, we got sprayed with sprinklers.

When I moved to college, I really missed them. I still do. I think I would give anything to go back in time and have another sleepover topped off with a late night girls talk. Higginson's moved to Utah a little over a year ago. I still got to see them at BYU games, but coming home wasn't quite the same. Now that they are back in Blackfoot, they don't live across the street anymore. In fact, today I measured it. They live 3.2 miles away, which takes about 10 minutes to drive there.

For the first time in over a year, the four of us girls were finally back together, and it felt SO GOOD. It was like nothing had changed. 

Ohhhhhh how I miss the good old days.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio