Custom Pages

.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

14 Randoms

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
A lot has happened in my life the last few weeks! Lots of random things here and there, as well as many things I have realized, and finals are just around the corner!

#1: It is basketball season! My absolute favorite! I have only been able to go to one game because of my busy schedule, and tonight I get to go to my second game, but here was mine and Kathy's first basketball game together! The place she works gave each employee two tickets to the game right next to the court! We were on the second row! Coolest basketball game, ever!










Then, Kathy and I had a sleepover. What a babe.


#2: I am so thankful that there is a temple just down the street from my apartment! I know that I do not utilize it as much as I should, even if I do go every week! I love even just visiting the temple grounds, but I had a really neat experience there a little over two weeks ago. It was the last day the temple would be open for the year due to them closing it for cleaning or something. I usually go at 5:20 on Saturday mornings, and then I am back in bed at about 6:20. However, I figured that I would want to spend time in the temple, so I went when I knew it would be busiest---9:00 am. I had a ward party at 12, and I knew I would be cutting it close, but I still wanted to go. When I arrived, I had no idea just how many people would be there! The overflow was overflowing, so I was taken to the lunchroom! I was put at a table with four other girls that I did not know, and my table was asked to be in charge of choosing and leading hymns for all of us to sing while we waited. I think we sang about 30-40 hymns while I was in there! The Spirit was so strong while we sang the hymns! I loved it! However, it came to be my table's turn to go change, and the lady accidentally skipped my table! She sent back about 20 girls before us, and I started to get really impatient! I was truly upset that she had let them go before me! But then, I was like, "Alice. Chill. You came here to spend time in the temple, and this is not a big deal. This is far more important than the ward party. You need to practice patience." It hit me just how foolish that was of me. Yes, I had a good reason to want to be done by 12, but I needed to be patient. I did end up missing the ward party, and I didn't get out of the temple until 1:15, but it was probably my most favorite temple trip so far. I am thankful I had the opportunity to have that learning experience in the temple! I truly need to work on my patience!


#3: I have the most amazing friends in the entire world. Truly, it is no accident that I met Karen and Kathy.


#4: McDonald's is currently having two deals that we took full advantage of! The first one was Big Mac Monday! Every Monday in November had 99 cent big macs! Ummmm.... YUM! So, every Monday, it was BIG MAC MONDAY! The second one is every time there is a Jazz home game, you get a drink and 10 chicken nuggets for $2! Ok, so of course, we have to take advantage of this deal, too! Karen is such a babe.








#5: As much as I love Provo, Idaho will always be home. Idahome. 


#6: I love my family. They are my best friends! First family photo with all of us (including Chelsie) EVER!


 #7: I am so incredibly blessed. Thanksgiving has slowly become one of my favorite holidays. Now that my Uncle Ben's family has moved only about 2 hours away, we do a lot with their family. Last year, my family started a tradition where we help prepare and serve a meal to the lonely, homeless, and less fortunate for Thanksgiving. This year, we continued the tradition! I truly love doing this! It is my favorite part of Thanksgiving---serving others. What better way to show you are thankful than to truly see how blessed you are? Truly humbling. 


#8: I am excited for Christmas. Brookie and I got to decorate the tree together! So fun! I can't wait for the stress-free break! 


#9: I hate wind, but Idaho just wouldn't be Idaho without the wind. Honestly, though. 


#10: Brookie is my bestest little friend. I just love her so much!


#11: As annoying or cold snow is, I will not deny the fact that it is beautiful. I think I would enjoy snow if I didn't have to go outside and deal with it. 


#12: I truly love Macaroni and Cheese, but I discovered two things about Organic Mac & Cheese. First, it doesn't taste anywhere near as good as normal Mac & Cheese does, and secondly, ummm... apparently you get a random big noodle in your box! What the heck?!?



#13: I am getting a new sister. I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! I love Chelsie with all my heart!


#14: I have officially come to the conclusion that road trips with Roger Maxwell and Zach Robinson are my absolute favorite. Literally, top of my list!


1 comment :

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio