Custom Pages

.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Moab Trip

Monday, May 4, 2015
Last Wednesday night, I received a text from my friends asking if I wanted to go to Moab for the weekend.....ummmm....is that even a question? Heck yes I did!

We [me, Marc, Josh, Cristina, Javiera, Spencer, and Tyler] took off Friday evening and drove straight to Moab. We drove around to try and find a camping spot and then we gave up around 11 and just pulled off the road and set up camp!

We woke up to cows mooing in the morning. Haha!

Then, we packed up and headed to the visitor's center to change and eat breakfast. After that, we hiked to Mesa Arch! It was such a simple hike, and I think my family would love it next time we go! The view was absolutely breathtaking!

Spencer brought a Canon 5D Mark III, aka my dream camera, and I got to take pictures on it. I fell in love, and I will be buying a new camera in the next month. Ahhhhhhhh, I am still in awe.

After that, we hiked to an overlook! Once again, so awesome.

Then, we wanted to go climbing! The boys are all pretty experienced, but I had never done anything like that before. It was the craziest thing, and I learned a lot about trusting someone. I have never had my life in someone else's hands like that before! But I trusted Josh, so it was okay! But, it was definitely harder than it looks!

We got back Saturday night around 10:30, and I slept so well! I am still really sore from climbing!

But, here are the photos from the trip! Everything from the views, the people, the activities, the places, and all the lizards.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This was the view we had when we woke up Saturday morning.


Thanks for the shoes, Dad! I am putting them to use!






Here are the cows!!!








There's something about boys bringing a football everywhere they go!







More cows!




I was obsessed with these little pavilions!

















The typical stack of rocks that I always want to knock over!












Such cool trees.














The boys. Hahahaha







This is all of us! Left to right: Marc, Tyler, Josh, Spencer, Cristina, Javiera, & Me!



Hahahaha this photo just ended up like this. Marc and I didn't mean to be that close.






You give Marc the camera, and he won't stop taking photos. Haha!












I had to get one of these for my mom. It is a tradition now!




Cathing the lizards!!






















Thanks Marc. Haha

The boys were all doing cool tricks, but I would have been scared that I would fall!


































This next photo series is kinda legit!











Another tree :)






















Indian Writing







The first one that we climbed. I didn't get very high on this one, but the boys all finished!


If you can't tell yet, I was obsessed with how much the full-frame camera really would get into the frame.










Look at how high Josh is up there.











This was the hardest spot of the climb for me!!







Marc made it!
















Here was the second route. I finished this one, all the way to the top!











3 comments :

  1. What a fun trip!!! I love Moab this time of year!!! Love all the pictures too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures~ I especially love your macro shots

    ReplyDelete

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio