Custom Pages

.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pro-Easter Egg Decorator

Sunday, April 13, 2014
Decorating Easter Eggs has always been something that my family does. Every year, I would try to make a cool egg, but let's be honest. 

They always looked the same.

I just wanted to make a cool egg. That's all I've ever wanted.

Ok, just kidding. That's a little bit of an exaggeration. 

Anywho, I did it! This year, I made some super SICK Easter Eggs!

Even better, it was really easy! This is something that everyone could do! It doesn't take any skill at all. I mean, look at me. I did it!

My FHE family got together and decorated the eggs. My "husband" bought a lot of different kits that included anything from crayons, to sparkles and stickers! I read the directions, and I wanted to try two of them. I wanted sparkles {because duh. I love sparkles!}. Also, I wanted to try the volcano one {at least, it had a name like that}. So I did! I mixed the two!

Here's how!

So, first! While you are boiling the egg, take some crayons and sharpen them with a sharpener. This just makes some crayon shavings.

Once the egg is done, set it down, and while it is still hot, drop the crayon shavings on it, and the shavings start to melt immediately. Just let them run down the side of the egg. It will still be really hot, so you can let it sit for a while to cool down, or I put mine in the freezer for a while.

Once the crayons are hardened, you can put it in the egg dye, just like any other egg! This is kind of the process!

Here is what it looks like as the crayon shavings melt.



Then, I stuck my egg in blue dye. Because of the wax of the crayons, the dye only dyed parts around the crayon, and also the wax left a white outline on all of the edges of crayon.

Then, I put sparkles on it! It toned down the colors quite a bit, and I eventually rubbed off the sparkles, but it was fun while it lasted!










Here are some of the pictures that were taken that night, too! These are my kids!


{These two lovebirds are actually engaged! How cute is that??? *sniff* My kids are growing up!}


This was the second egg that I made. I took a clear crayon and drew swirls all over it before I stuck it in blue dye, then covered it in sparkles. Once again, SUPER EASY! and I think it turned out pretty good!





This is my husband, and his egg!



David and his eggs







This was another crayon volcano one!











I did this next one, and I didn't know what I was doing with it, so it turned out really ugly. Haha!





Karen was kind enough to take some photos of me with my eggs. I was so proud of them! :)








No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio