Custom Pages

.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Knocking Games

Sunday, April 27, 2014
So, I love my brother-in-law, and because we love him, my family jokes around with him a lot. To be honest, I probably give him more grief than I should. He is really good about it, though. He handles it very well. He is also getting very good at teasing me, too! He is learning very fast.

I've been spending the weekend at Emily and Joe's apartment, and I have been teasing Joe incessantly. Today, we was gone to church meetings, and I was in the apartment with Emily making dinner. 

It was getting past the time that Joe was expected to be home, and then finally, there was a knock on the door. Joe was back!

I hopped up off the couch, and looked through the peep hole just to make sure it was Joe. I always do funny things when I go over just in case they look through the peep hole and see it, but they never do. When I looked through the peep hole, it was all black. Joe must have been covering it with his hand because he knows I always check. 

I decided it was time for a game. So, I knocked back to him.

Almost immediately, I heard him laugh, then knock back. 

I knocked again to the tune of a song, and once again, Joe matched my tune as he knocked in return. 

I thought of a different pattern to knock, and once again, he patterned my knock back to me, each time laughing a little louder. I could tell he was getting a little impatient---kinda like I do when my sisters lock me out of the house when I am babysitting. I know the feeling, so I decided to let him in. 

I swing open the door, and notice Joe brought some friends back home with him....only I then realized Joe wasn't with them. The dark haired boy looked at me and said, "Ummmm...hello. That is quite the rhythm we had going!"

Turns out, they were the Elders Quorum Presidency for the Singles Ward for the building my sister lives in. 

I know that my face went completely red as I apologized and explained I thought it was my brother-in-law. 

They thought it was pretty funny!
Holy......AWKWARD!

I think it is safe to say this was the most awkward situation I have ever been in before, and that is saying a lot coming from me. 

1 comment :

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio