Custom Pages

.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

National Frozen Yogurt Day

Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Yesterday was National Frozen Yogurt Day. 

Ummmm...YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!?!

Ok, I will tell you what it means.

Remember when I did this last year? I got mine so high, and it froze my finger?? (Let's just take a moment and reminisce on last year's adventure here) Of course, I had to do it again, and I had to do it right. 

I had been counting down the days for over a month now, just waiting for this day. 

Last year, Karen and Kathy were with me, but this year, they are on their missions. I dedicated this trip to them. 

Here is how it works:

You go wait in line, where they give you this 5 ounce cup. However much frozen yogurt and toppings you can fit into this cup, you get for free. 

People asked me all day why I was so excited about doing this. It was a waste of an hour or so of my life just for frozen yogurt.

For me, it is a contest. It doesn't matter how much I am going to eat, I just need to pack as much into it as I possibly can.  There is no point in being reasonable. I mean, it is free! Also, I love the memory. It is a tradition for me now. This will happen every year.


This year, we only waited in line for about a half hour, whereas last year, it was more like an hour and a half. 

I had it all planned out---I even brought extra bowls and a pitcher so that as soon as I was finished, I could just dump my ice cream into the pitcher or bowl to prevent freezing my finger again.

I showed Kaity, Aaron, and Autumn how to pack as much yogurt as possible in the cups, and we were off. 

This is how much I got this year!

Not quite as good as last year, but it was still pretty good. I got Toasted Coconut, Pistachio, and Toasted Coconut Caramel. Seriously, heavenly. 

I immediately put it into a pitcher, took it to FHE, shared a little with everyone, and then I ate/drank the rest. It was so delicious. I cannot even explain.


DISCLAIMER: As fun as this is, I would not necessarily advise anyone with lactose intolerance to do this. It will make you sick. It is definitely worth it, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio