Custom Pages

.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Cave-In

Friday, August 15, 2014
I spent yesterday morning at Seven Peaks here in Provo. I bought a pass of all passes this year, and it was a very smart idea to do so. I live just down the street, so I get to go there pretty often. Being there yesterday got me reminiscing about one of my most entertaining moments from this summer. I meant to put this on my blog, and I don't know why I waited until now to put it on. It is one of my favorite memories of Soren.

This is how I remember it.

It was my first time at Seven Peaks for this summer. I randomly ran into Marc, Soren, and Ryan, who are all my King Henry buddies. Soren got two double tubes for all of us to share, so the four of us used the tubes to go down the various slides. We all switched off going down together, and we finally reached a slide known as the Cave-In.

Inside the Cave-In, it is all Black. You can't see very much in the tube, but Soren was set on switching places on the tube while going down. We decided that we were going to do this together. We made the plan. Marc and Ryan were going to go down the tube first and Marc was going to bail off the tube and get stuck so that when we came down, he could jump on the tube with us. Then, Soren and I were going to go down the tube next. As soon as we made the first turn, I was going to move backwards and Soren was going to move forwards. By the end of the tube, we were going to have successfully switched places.

Marc and Ryan went down, and pretty soon, it was our turn. I remember giggling as I anticipated what was about to happen. Hahaha... then we were off! Soren yelled, "Go!" I started scooting back, and he forward. Next thing I know, the tube flips, and I am thrown over Soren and smashed against the side of the tube. I hit my head really hard. Now, when I hit my head, I have a tendency to close my mouth really tight and laugh because I think it is really funny. Only, this laugh isn't like my other laughs. I don't make noise or even move. My body just shakes a little bit. I try to catch my breath, but I am laughing, so it takes a little bit for me to move again or even make noise.

Well, right after I hit, I started the laughing thing. I wasn't moving, and as much as I tried, I couldn't stop laughing. Soren has me in his arms, and I remember him freaking out. He was tapping my cheek with his hand asking if I was okay. Obviously, I wasn't moving or making noise, and the tunnel was dark. He thought I was unconscious. He started saying, "Alice, stay with me. Come on."

While all of this is going on, I am laughing hysterically. It was all too funny to me. I wanted to tell him I was okay, but I couldn't. I tried so hard to stop laughing, but my head was throbbing so bad that I couldn't. After probably 15 seconds of this going on, I finally took a deep breath and shook my head to let him know I was okay. Like it was no big deal, Soren reached over, grabbed the tube and set me on it upside down. Then, he climbed on it, and we finished the slide. Next thing I know, it is all light again because we have come out of the tube. I am still upside down, but eventually we stop. I am able to climb out, and the lifeguard is laughing while giving me the most puzzled look. I didn't really care to explain, so I just walked off.

I was completely fine, but it was so completely entertaining, and still is. I laugh every time I think about it. Don't worry, people. Soren and I are going to go back to Seven Peaks and master switching places.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio