Custom Pages

.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Temple Square

Monday, March 3, 2014
Yesterday, my family went to Temple Square and the Conference Center. We got to go on a tour of the Conference Center and even got to go on the roof! The roof was pretty cool! {You'll see it in the photos}

However, Temple Square holds special meaning to me. 

See this building right here?
Well, see that window on the far left that is on the 3rd floor {so the second window up that you can see}? That is my grandparent's old condo. For as long as I can remember, my grandparents lived there. It is directly across the street from Temple Square. 

I have so many fun memories at this location-- going with my cousins over to the park across the street and play games or walk around, getting stuck in my pants, taking naps, watching the motorcycles drive by, listening to the chirping noise that crosswalk signals make, the white carpet, the distinct smell, all the receptions and reunions, swimming in the pool, occasionally running into the prophet or one of the apostles, going through the underground tunnels, etc.

However, one of my memories that stands out is always watching Temple Square. I remember always trying to sleep by the glass doors on the balcony so that I could watch the Temple at night. There was a pair of binoculars that my Grandma kept by her magazines, and my sisters and I would always take turns looking at the brides when they would come out of the temple. I remember analyzing their dresses, the groom, the poses they used in their pictures, etc. One thing that I will always remember is the glowing look on all of their faces. They were always smiling or laughing. I absolutely loved watching it!

For this reason, I want to get married in this temple when it is my turn. I just love the significance this place holds in my heart, as well as the memories that it brings back to my mind each time I visit. 

Here are a lot of photos from our trip! Enjoy! 








































I wanted so badly to get a jumping one, but we waited for a long time for these four people to leave, and they never did, so next time I visit, you can all expect I get a jumping photo that will be recreated at my wedding. Hahahahaha :)


























No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio