Custom Pages

.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Last Day

Tuesday, August 27, 2013
My last day was rather bittersweet at Aspen Grove. I was sad to leave, yet more than excited to start the next chapter of my life.

Of course I had to get a photo of all the cooks before I left!

(Karen, Rebecca, Me, Tori, Brian, Rachel, Andrew, Jayne, Kate, and Ellie)


and we HAD to have one last group hug, which was against a Brian rule...




This girl is the reason it was so difficult to leave Aspen Grove. This is Bree. She was in my primary class on Sunday, and I got to teach her! We instantly had a special bond, and I spent most of my week with her. I looked forward to every meal when a dining hall worker would come back and tell me my little friend wanted to say hi, and I knew it was Bree! I looked forward to spending time with her and her family, and we became pretty close in those few short days. It was hard leaving Aspen Grove because I was leaving before Bree's family was leaving. When Bree came and hugged me goodbye, I had to fight very hard to hide my tears. I had to look away so that she wouldn't see the tears well up in my eyes. So, so hard. But I plan on visiting her soon! And happy birthday in two days, BREE! :)


And, of course, my twins. Karen and Kathy! It was hard because we haven't been separated this long since before we met. Holy cow, I am suffering from separation anxiety. ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS UNTIL WE ARE REUNITED!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio