Custom Pages

.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Provo Fashion Week

Sunday, March 1, 2015
Yesterday was awesome. I don't really know how else to say it. I loved every minute of it. 

I got to be part of the Provo Fashion Week Fashion Show!

My cute roommates work with this awesome designer, Janay, who asked me if I would model for her. 

OF COURSE I WOULD!!! and my roommate KAITY GOT TO DO IT WITH ME!!

Here's how it went:

Thursday evening, I went to Janay's house to try on all of the dresses so that Jackie (our stylist) could match up the jewelry and shoes for each outfit. That got me even more excited for the show that I already was. I mean, I am obsessed with wedding dresses. At work, when I am bored and don't have anything to do, I look at wedding dresses. Also, I have tried lots of wedding dresses on because I just love them so much. Literally, I was so stinking excited to do this!

Yesterday morning, we got up and headed to the library to do run-throughs at 9 am, then we headed to Janay's house to get our hair and make-up done. I had no idea how much I loved being pampered. When I become rich one day, I will be paying someone to come do my hair and make-up each and every morning. That is how much I loved it. 

Then, we headed back to the library to get all set up for the show! Janay's collection walked first in the 3:00 show! As soon as we were finished, we went and all took photos in the dresses! It was a blast! Then, we had down time for a few hours. We came back at 6:30 to get ready for the evening show. In this show, we walked last!

Once again, such a blast. 

Before I knew it, it was over. Sad day. I loved it so much, and I hope I get to do it again!!

But, as fun as everything was, I absolutely enjoyed meeting everyone that I did. The designer, Janay, is literally the sweetest person you could ever meet. Her designs are phenomenal, and she is so incredibly talented. 

The Hair and Make-up Artists were a dream. So, Janay's sister, Elise, did my hair. Then, Janay's other sister, Cherisa and her team did our makeup. It was so awesome to be pampered! They made us all look so beautiful!

Then, the models. Oh my, they are so awesome. I loved getting to know each of them! I was a little nervous at first because I am pretty shy at first. I am not good at starting conversations with people AT ALL! I tend to stay to myself. However, the girls all made me feel so welcome, and by the end of the night, I had made all new friends! You would have no idea that I had met them just that morning.

Anyways, here are they are! Enjoy!







































































































































Now, here is the random collaboration of all of the photos taken throughout the day from all of our phones! Here they are:

Basically, in between shows, I noticed that there was a photo of my 3rd great-grandpa hanging up at the library, so naturally we needed photos with him.

Em didn't want a selfie, so I took one anyways.



I didn't want to take my makeup off. It was so awesome. My favorite part was the eyelashes.


On the runway! Photo courtesy of my photography buddy, Emily!
















These photos are taken by Ryan Houston Photography





1 comment :

  1. How legit is that?! I'm so glad you got to be apart of fashion week, so so awesome!:) And let me just say, you look goooooood as a bride;)

    ReplyDelete

Alice Jane + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio